After a hard day at work, I decided to make myself a pie. However, I realized that
A) I don’t own a pie dish
B) I have equal amounts of apples, blackberries and cherries.
So realizing that those fruit don’t really go together, nor do I have a vessel to create such a fusion, I settled on mini pies.
MINI FRUIT PIES
Frozen Rolled Puff Pastry Sheets — Yes, this is easier.
Blackberries + Cherries
Pumpkin Pie Seasoning / Syrup
1. Chop up the fruit and add the apples (Gala apples in this case) to one small sauce pan and the blackberries and cherries in the other.
1b. For the apples, I immediately added t TBSP of vanilla sugar, a bit of pumpkin spice syrup and a TBSP of Pumpkin Spice Seasoning — This is mostly because apples tend to absorb flavours while cooking, and I wanted to maximize on that.
2. Cook the fruit down on medium low heat until the juices start to flow. Add a bit of water to speed up the process. Add a bit of vanilla sugar to the blackberry mixture if desired.
3. While those are cooking, cut 4×4 inch squares from the sheet of puff pastry and begin to pull the edges together to create a cup like container. Kind of hard to explain, but here’s a picture.
4. Place the cups into a muffin tin, then fill them with the fruit reduction. If you are using berries, remember that more juice is going to come out of them so be warned.
5. Bake at 375F until the puff pastry is golden (I’ll be honest, I dont have a time — nor did i remember to time it. If it turns black, thats too long.